Jaguar XK8 XKR Refurbished Rear Hub Assembly – Save Time and Money
The Jaguar service manual covering replacing the rear bearings and seals on an XK8 / XKR is 73 pages in total !. It is not a straight forward job and special tools are required.
The key steps are:
* Releasing the hub from the half shaft using a special hub puller
* Removing the backplate
* Removing the pivot pin nut and the pin
* Using a hydraulic press, remove hub from carrier
* Withdraw ABS rotor from hub carrier
* Remove outer seal and bearing assembly from hub carrier
* Remove inner seal and bearing from hub carrier
* Remove inner bearing cup from hub carrier
* Remove outer bearing cup from hub carrier
* Fitting of the new parts is the reverse of the above using special tools + a hydraulic press
* Fitting of the correct shims is required to ensure the correct end float
* Clean up the hub assembly and painting the backplate
* For the hub pivot bearings, check and replace parts as required
WE CAN SUPPLY A REFURBISHED REAR HUB ASSEMBLY FOR THE JAGUAR XK8 AND XKR’S (X100’s) GREAT PRICE OF £149.75 EACH EXCLUDING SHIPPING AND VAT
No VAT to pay if you live outside EEC Countries.
Contact DCR XK8 XKR Parts and Accessories
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.