Jaguar XK8 4.0 For Sale Auto 2002 Very Original Car in Outstanding Con...
A very stunning Jaguar XK8 4.0L (facelift model) Auto which is finished in Pacific Blue Metallic with Beige leather interior, very reluctantly for sale to fund a MK 2 Jaguar restoration project. Being a 2002 facelift model it has the steel lined engine, upgraded tensioners and the deeper bumpers same at the 4.2L models. The car has a compressive service history and has covered just under 140,000 miles from new (service history and MOT’ history to prove), and has always been maintained as Jaguar intended with most of the work being carried out by Jaguar or Jaguar specialists, hence it drives spot on and is like driving a new car. Full M.O.T until June 2018, so is ready to enjoy straight away. This XK8 is in outstanding condition and is an original car with careful owners, Excellent leather seating, alloy wheels – the list goes on. The body is in virtually as new condition as the car has been very well cared for all of its life. The entire exterior is in excellent condition with no rust anywhere, finished in gleaming Pacific Blue. All the and trim is original and in excellent order. The interior is also in excellent order finished Beige leather. All the mechanicals are spot on. No rattles from the engine, the auto gearbox, back axle and all the suspension is in top order with no rattles or clonks as is often the case. Auto Box has had the oil and filter changed this year, Air con system has been fully serviced by an air con expert with a new condenser fitted so is ice cold as it should be. All the tyres are in good condition, Custom built stainless steel exhaust system etc. Few XK8s are as good as this one.
A brief history of the car is shown below:
- The car was first registered on 01/03/2002 and was registered in Blackburn
- The 1st owner owned the car for the next 6 years covering just under 33,500 miles
- The car was then acquired by the second owner in Jan 2009. Who ran the car for the next 6 months covering just over 2,000 miles
- The car was then sold to the 3rd owner having only covered a total mileage of 38,690 who used the car for the next 5 year and covered just over 95,500 miles in his ownership.
- The car was then purchase by the 4th owner in June 2014. Who ran the car very sparingly, covering a mere 3,500 miles before I acquired the car in Feb 2017
- The current owner has since used the car on a 1,500 mile tour to the far north of Scotland and have now cover just under 2,000 miles without major issue. As you can see from the above the car has covered a total of just under 140,000 miles from new and is still in outstanding condition due to being maintained as Jaguar intended, all the hand books, two sets of keys etc.
The owner has also replaced the water pump, expansion tank and the ABS wheel senses as preventive maintenance before the trip up to Scotland. How many XK8’s have all this and are in such outstanding condition. To sum up a genuine XK8 in Outstanding Condition. Known history from new. Owned and maintained by a classic car enthusiast. It took the current owner over a year and thousands of miles, to locate this XK8 as he wanted a genuine car that was not full of rot. Only very reluctantly for sale to fund his long term MK2 Jaguar restoration project. You would spend more than the asking price in restoring a well-used XK8 to a lesser condition.
The car is located in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire. But delivery can be arranged within the UK if required-to be discussed with the owner.
Very realistically priced at only £5,750.00 which is a lot less than what the owner paid for the car .
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.