After several months of discussing, researching and producing the required tooling for this part I am pleased to announce the availability of this Jaguar XK8 XKR (X100) lower rear wing repair panel. As many owners will know this is a notoriously bad area on the car for corrosion. Condensation can build on the inside of the panel and will run down to sit and stay in the bottom lip of the panel. Also the exterior of the panel behind the rear wheels is exposed to dirt and dampness thrown up by the rear wheels. The bottom section of the panel is attacked from both sides with corrosion running from behind the rear wheel to the the area underneath the rear lights. With these steel bodied cars getting older it is likely that many cars will already of had problems or the problems are just waiting to surface (literally !) See below.
In the past the repair options have been to either make repairs to this area of the car or replace the whole quarter panel parts at high cost.
At the time of writing this is an update on the parts availability:
Convertible to Vin A40264
LH - FJA1321BE - No Longer Available
RH - FJA1320BE - No Longer Available
Convertible From Vin A40265
LH - C2N3006 - No Longer Available
RF - C2N3007 - £836 + VAT
Coupe to Vin A40264
LH - FJA1321AF - No Longer Available
RH - FJA1320AF - £1661 + VAT
Coupe From Vin A40265
LH - C2N2864 - £1661 + VAT
RH - C2N2864 - £1684 + VAT
For those panels that are available add to their high cost the many labour hours of specialised time to firstly remove the old quarter panel and then fit the new quarter panel to the inner structure
As no repair panels have been available to date owners and body work specialists have had to fabricate repairs welding in many sections of metal to try and replicate the general curvature of the panel which curves at the bottom of the wing and then round to underneath the light area. We have seen repairs to wings looking like a patchwork quilt of metal sections. Large amounts of body filler are then used to try and reproduce the general shape.
For this reason we have produced this semi hand crafted repair panel based on tooling that in turn has been based on the genuine Jaguar panels.
* the panel has been designed to repair just the area most susceptible to corrosion
* considerably reduced parts cost
* considerably reduced labour costs
* welding reduced to a minimum results in improved longevity of the repair
* reduced amount of body filling to ensure a perfect finish
PLEASE NOTE - due to the curvature in the bottom of the rear wing of the Jaguar XK8 and R model, the panels are difficult to make and can be difficult to fit requiring the skills of an experienced panel beater. Some people will either use the whole panel or use sections of it as required. The panel can save a lot of time (and money) in not having to fabricate panel sections for this area of the car.
The part numbers for each handed side are:
* DCRJP1119 RH Panel
* DCRJP1120 LH Panel
Price of wheel arch repair panel is £145.00 + shipping and VAT each
Thanks for Visiting
Giovanni who lives in Italy has done a great job in restoring his 4.2 Jaguar XK8 to a top class condition. The car was involved in an accident causing serious front end damage especially to the right hand side.
DCR AutoParts were asked to supply a number of parts and ship these to Italy.
* Upper and lower wishbone arms
* Refurbished front wheel hub
* Front bumper cover
* Right hand front wing.
I am sure the car gets many admiring looks in Italy.
Thanks for Visiting
The small but important guide block to side bumper bracket for the XK8 / R (X100) went obsolete from Jaguar several months ago. This small side bracket as marked secures the side of the bumper to the inner structure via a metal bracket. When you try and undo the 13mm nut the captive bolt within the plastic housing it may well just rotate round in the plastic bracket. This then requires cutting off the nut and trying to repair the bracket. DCR AutoParts have remanufactured a heavy duty replacement with stainless steel captive bolt and nut. With a good covering of Copper Ease this part will last a long time and speed up the rear bumper removal.
CLICK HERE to Check Out Our Rear Bumper Parts Section
- Recent full under body frame restoration finished in aluminium paint and waxoyled protection - looks new better than new
- Brand new R-Performance brake discs and pads + calipers painted yellow
- Production year 2007
- New quad sports exhaust recently fitted - sounds like a real GT sports car
- 50,206 miles only from new
- Impressive 20" Senta alloy wheels
- Complete service history including 'full service' May 2018
- Recent new drive belt system parts fitted
- Recent full engine service
- Recent autobox sump / filter and ZF oil service
- Recent MOT with no advisories
- Tyres in great condition
- Exterior paint - unmarked midnight black
- Immaculate cream leather interior
- Bluetooth interface
- Premium sound system
- Lovely classic Burr walnut interior
- Powerfold mirrors, auto headlamps, heated seats and steering wheel
- etc etc
A chance to buy an impressive low mileage, high spec R Performance XKR 4.2 - a great drivers car and a sure investment for the future
Very realistically priced at only £13,500 ono.
More photos below: